The Hallmark Channel is one of my favorite providers of inspiring content to help turn a house into a family haven of beauty and rejuvenation. One of the cornerstones of the home is our kitchens, and I was so delighted to be in the studio to share some superfood recipes to help you with achieving that bathing suit-ready body for a superstar summer.
The recipes featured in this interview are listed below, or you can check out my new book The 21-Day Superstar Cleanse for more superfood recipes to help benefit your skin, heart, and so much more, proving that beauty, health and indulgence do coexist.
• 1 mango or papaya
• ¼ cup goji berries
• ½ cup blackberries
• ½ cup blueberries
• ½ cup strawberries
• 1 tsp raw honey
• ½ cucumber
• 2 tablespoons aloe vera juice
• 2 tablespoons powders or concentrates: noni, mangosteen (a tropical fruit grown primarily in Southeast Asia containing anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antifungal properties), acai, durian, or other favorites
• 1 cup vegan milk of choice (almond, coconut, rice or soy)
- Blend all together in a blender. Super invigorating (serves 2)
• 3 cups chia seeds
• 6 cups pure water
• 3 to 4 tablespoons maple syrup
• Cinnamon to taste (optional)
• Clove to taste (optional)
• Nutmeg to taste (optional)
• ½ chopped apple
• ½ cup chopped strawberries
• ½ cup blueberries
- Put the chia seeds in a bowl and soak. It takes about 10 minutes for the chia to absorb all the water, but leaving the water and chia overnight is OK. Soaked chia alone is good for up to 2 weeks.
- When the chia is gelatinous, add the chopped fruit and any desired flavorings (sweeteners, spices, etc.) – mix well and serve!
Note: In general, soak chia seeds in 9 to 12 times their volume of water. You can also make chia as a savory, salty, or spicy type of porridge. But the best taste is sweet. Try with cinnamon extract and chai spices or cacao nibs as well.
Easy Kale Salad
• 1 avocado
• 1 bunch kale
• ½ lemon
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Chop the avocado and kale into bite-sized pieces and place in mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, olive oil, and sea salt, then massage until thoroughly marinated. Bon Apetit!
Option: Add tomatoes and your favorite herbs.
How can you tell if you are out of balance? In this article, I’ll share with you how you can tell if each Dosha is balanced or imbalanced so you can assess and treat yourself.
Enjoy the many benefits of essential oils in a long-lasting solid perfume. Simply add a favorite essential oil to the mixture and pour into a unique container for a personalized perfume.
Cleaning the bathroom is not an experience people look forward to very often. Being stuck in a small closed space with harsh chemicals not only makes it hard to breathe, but can also be hazardous to your health.
Research makes a strong case for taking your practice into the wild—or at least your backyard.
I saw a recipe for lavender-blueberry-banana bread but didn't want to wait an hour to taste all those wonderful flavors, so I made a shake!
At RML we strive to be a source of positivity and inspiration in light of all the challenges, injustice and devastation occurring around the world. September is National Preparedness Month and we feel it would be remiss not to also offer some practical solutions, particularly when faced with all the recent natural disasters.
Are you a victim of the afternoon slump? If you find yourself struggling to make it through the day, your diet might be to blame. While sugar and caffeine often give you a quick energy boost, they also cause you to crash just a few hours later. If you’re relying on coffee and energy drinks to perk you up, you’re actually doing more harm than good.
Feeling stressed or overwhelmed or being consumed by negative thoughts is often a part of the roller coaster of life for many people. But it doesn’t have to be. Making the decision to live a more positive life is the first step in kicking the negative thoughts that bring you down. Follow the tips below to help relieve stress, find peace and live a happier life.
Every naturally occurring event gives energy to the earth. Its surface acts as a conductor, constantly receiving and distributing energy to all its inhabitants. For most of humanity man was one with this primordial connection. Walking barefoot across the land, our bodies were continually linked to this massive energy field.