"We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential."
~ Ellen Goodman
Happy New Year!
During these final days of 2016, we prepare to welcome the New Year by reflecting on how to bridge the gap between the life we now lead and the one we want to manifest. One of the most effective ways I've found to turn our dreams into reality is to create a vision board!
The collections of images, illustrations and words which visually represent the life you’d like to lead help you clarify goals, focus energy, establish new habits, and attract opportunities. As a visual aid, instead of just words, the goals are able to embed in the subconscious.
According to a recent Harvard Business Study, while only 1% of people write down their goals and regularly review them, those are among the highest achievers in terms of career, finances, and happiness.
STEPS TO CREATING YOUR VISION BOARD
1. Select the size; It can be a piece of paper, poster board, cardboard, canvas, cork or magnetic board, or whatever works for your space.
2. Make a list of 10 things that you'd like to be, do, or have. Phrase these in the positive/affirmative (i.e. instead of "stop eating junk food," write "nourish myself with a healthy, well-balanced diet" or "eat more fruits & veggies").
3. Collect images that represent the things on your list like photos, magazine clippings, newspaper articles, business cards, flyers, drawings, journal pages, quotes, etc.
4. Allow yourself a sacred time and space to assemble. Arrange your images in a collage on your board however you feel called to with tape or glue them down.
5. Place your vision board in an area where you'll see it often. In your office or at your desk, on your refrigerator door, near your bathroom mirror, or in your bedroom so it's the first thing you see in the am and the last thing you see before falling asleep.
6. Go digital; Take a pic of your board and make it the wallpaper on your phone to stay inspired throughout your day.
Questions to reflect on when preparing your vision board:
* Where do you want to live?* Who do you want to live with?
* What is your passion?
* What are your career goals?
* Which of your gifts would you like to share more of?
* What health challenges or goals would you like to improve?
* What do you need guidance with or want to learn more about?
* What's most important to you?
* What do you feel is missing?
For more support in empowering your true self to emerge in 2017, we invite you to join our 21-Day Superstar Cleanse this Winter!