Are you one of those people who likes skin care that smells like dessert? Most of those products are chalk-full of artificial fragrances and chemicals that trick your nose into thinking that it is the real thing, when it really isn't. This Strawberry Lime Sugar scrub literally smells like fresh strawberry jam and is even easier to make. And, get this, it is 100% edible. Impress your friends and your skin.
1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
1 cup raw turbinado sugar
1/3 cup organic virgin coconut oil
1/3 cup doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 drops Lime essential oil
- In a large plastic bag, add strawberries and crush with a rolling pin.
- Add crushed strawberries and sugar into large bowl.
- In a microwavable glass cup, add the organic virgin coconut oil and place in microwave for 15 seconds or until melted.
- In the glass cup with melted virgin coconut oil, add Fractionated Coconut Oil, vanilla extract, and Lime essential oil. Stir until combined and add to bowl with strawberries and sugar.
- Stir until everything is combined. If mixture looks too dry, add 1 teaspoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil at a time until consistency is right.
- Store in airtight container.
- To us, take a handful of scrub into hands and rub together until sugar dissolves. Rinse under warm water and pat dry. For added softness, rub hands with doTERRA Unscented Hand Lotion.