Kale chips are a delicious, easy, and inexpensive way to get more greens into your diet. Try this recipe for original flavored kale chips or spice them up with other herbs and essential oils for more options. Try garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and Lemon essential oil for an Italian twist, or cumin and Cilantro essential oil for Mexican-style chips. The possibilities are endless!
Yes, these kale chips are a good alternative to potato chips, but you might not realize how many health benefits are lurking within this tasty little snack.
Kale: This green superfood contains bile acid sequestrants, which have been known to lower cholesterol levels and should lead to a lower risk for heart disease over time.
Olive Oil: When combined with other elements of a healthy diet, olive oil can be helpful for those with diabetes, by improving blood sugar control and enhancing insulin sensitivity.
1 large bunch kale, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 drops doTERRA Lemon essential oil
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry kale thoroughly.
- Combine olive oil and Lemon essential oil in large mixing bowl.
- Put kale in bowl and toss in oils.
- Make sure kale is well coated with oils by massaging each piece.
- Once coated, place on baking sheet in single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake on the center rack for 45-50 minutes or until crispy.
- Place in bowl and watch them disappear.
Tip: Keep an eye on the smaller pieces and take them out if they are done earlier; otherwise they will burn.