1 ¾ cup water
1 ¾ cup canned coconut milk
4–6 drops Lime oil
2 cups jasmine or basmati rice
½ teaspoon salt
30 ounces fresh pineapple, cored and sliced into ½ inch rounds
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup brown sugar
½ of a fresh lime, juiced
1 head butter lettuce, leaves removed from head and washed
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Coconut lime rice
- Combine water, coconut milk, four drops Lime oil, and rice in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, cover and decrease heat to low.
- Cook for 15–20 minutes, until liquid has absorbed. Prepare pineapple while the rice cooks.
- Remove rice from heat and let sit covered for five minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, fresh lime juice, two drops Lime oil, and salt.
- Place pineapple slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with the brown sugar mixture.
- Place the pineapple on the preheated grill, sugar side down, and grill two to three minutes or until sugar mixture is golden and caramelized. Brush the tops with the remaining brown sugar mixture left behind on the baking sheet using a silicone basting brush.
- Flip and grill the other side two–three minutes or until the sugar mixture is golden and caramelized. Remove from heat and transfer to the baking sheet. Cut each round in half.
- Divide the rice between the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle rice with green onions. Top with half round of grilled pineapple. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve.
Tip: Start with one drop of Lime oil and add to taste.