In honor of my Birthday Month, we hope you enjoy this featured blog from doTERRA. There is no better way to celebrate your birthday than sharing what you love with the ones you love.
Fluffy Lemon Buttercream Frosting
3½ cups confectioner’s sugar
½ cup of butter (1 stick) softened (or vegan substitute)
¼ cup of milk (or vegan substitute)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon zest (the rind of a lemon)
3–4 drops Lemon essential oil
- Mix together butter, lemon zest, and vanilla until all lumps are gone.
- Add milk and quickly cream into butter mixture.
- Mix in sugar, ½ cup at a time.
- Once the sugar is mixed in, cream on high for 2 minutes.
- Mix in Lemon essential oil.
- Spread over layers and outside of cake.
Tip: You can substitute ingredients if desired.
Create a Custom Happy Birthday Banner
- Use a die-cutter to cut out oil drops, essential oil bottles, and letters on cardstock paper.
- Glue the letters to oil drops and bottle cutouts.
- Using a sewing machine, sew paper to the string. Alternatively, you can glue the paper to the string.
Flavored Party Ice
Combine water, your favorite fruit, herbs, and a drop of essential oils in an ice-cube tray and freeze overnight.
- Suggested Flavors:
Tip: Add several drops of Lemon essential oil to your favorite cake and frosting recipes.
Combine chilled sparking water, slices of fresh fruit, and a couple drops of essential oil for a refreshing beverage that everyone will enjoy.
Party Favors for Your Party
DIY Lotion Bars
Send your guests home with a moisturizing lotion bar made with essential oils.
Take a look at our DIY Moisturizing Lotion Bars for a simple tutorial.
Scented sachets are great for cars, gym bags, drawers, or anywhere your guests would like to experience the benefits of essential oils long after your party.
Essential Oils Samples
Samples are a good way to introduce essential oils to family and friends while leaving them with a memorable gift.
You can give single sample vials or include some of your favorite oils or blends. Tie a card around the bottle explaining the benefits and instructions for use.
Name that Scent Game
Create fun interaction while sharing what you love with others.
- Choose a few of your favorite oils. Cover the label with masking tape.
- Allow each guest to smell each oil and then try to guess what that oil is. Have them write their guesses on a piece of paper.
- After each guest has had an opportunity to smell each oil and write their guesses, give them the correct answers. As you give the answers, share any additional information about that oil.
- You can give samples of oils or products as prizes to anyone who got all of the answers correct.
Create Your Own Birthday Blend
Using the oils that you have on hand, invite each one of your guests to create a personal birthday blend in a sample vial that they can keep.