A burger on a drive-through dollar menu may seem like a great deal, but there are countless hidden costs to the environment and our health behind that low price. The same goes for what we wear: much like fast food, the “fast-fashion” industry is built on pumping out cheap, poor-quality goods—subsidizing its low prices with tolls on the environment and, often, human rights.
No flower embodies love and romance quite like the rose. The essential oil of rose Rosa damascena (Mill.) is also known to provide psychological and emotional support when added to a bath blend or diffused into the air. It’s a mood booster that can promote joy, relaxation, as well as memory and mental clarity.
With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, why not try experimenting with an essential oil that’ll give you warm fuzzies on the inside? Whether or not you’re sharing this Valentine’s Day with a special sweetheart, you’re pretty special year-round. Celebrate this holiday of love—and some sweet self-care—with rose R. damascena essential oil.
Before you start whipping up your “love in a bottle” with our favorite recipes (keep reading!), here’s a quick crash course in blending with rose essential oil:
How to Use Rose Essential Oil in Perfumery and Blending
If you’re a budding aromatherapist, natural products manufacturer, or perfumer, rose R. damascena essential oil is a standard floral for your tool kit. When 100 perfumers were asked to select a standard for a floral aroma, they chose Bulgarian rose.
Rose oil has a warm, deep floral, slightly spicy, rich, honey-like odor. The absolute is unique in that it has a high tenacity alongside a deep, rosy fragrance. Distilled rose otto has more of a top note, and absolute rose has more fixative power.
Rose is the perfect oil to blend with other florals (like jasmine Jasminum grandiflorum (L.) or geranium Pelargonium graveolens (L'Her.)) to create sweet, romantic, and uplifting fragrances. On a chemical level, rose R. damascena contains about 2% of a sesquiterpene alcohol and farnesol, which is an important constituent for perfumery. Additionally, the esters, the nerol, the nonyl aldehyde, and trace constituents (such ascarvone and rosefuran) are all important for perfumery.
Specifically, rose blends beautifully with:
- anise Pimpinella anisum (L.)
- benzoin Styrax tonkinensis (Pierre) Craib ex Hartwich
- bergamot Citrus aurantium (L.) var. bergamia
- black pepper Piper nigrum (L.)
- chamomile (Roman) Chamaemelum nobile (L.) All.
- costus Aplotaxis lappa (Decne.)
- fennel Foeniculum vulgare (Hill)
- ginger Zingiber officinale (Roscoe)
- immortelle Helichrysum italicum (Roth)
- neroli Citrus aurantium (L.) var. amara
- orris root Iris ×germanica notho var. florentina (Dykes)
- patchouli Pogostemon cablin (Benth.)
- sandalwood Santalum album (L.)
- vetiver Vetiveria zizanioides (Nash)
- ylang ylang Cananga odorata (Lam.) var. genuine
My all-time favorite—which is super quick, easy, and simple—is a blend of rose R. damascena and neroli C. aurantium var. amara.
Don’t forget: less is more. A small quantity goes a long way in your rose essential oil blends. The suggested use level is 0.02-0.05 mg%.
Bottling Romance: 3 Recipes with Rose Essential Oil
Valentine’s Day is almost here, so let’s get blending! Here are three recipes with rose essential oil that are sure to make you feel like falling into a bed of roses this holiday.
Tis the Season of generosity, kindness, and showing appreciation for loved ones and all the people who help make your little corner of the universe Shine!
But the pressure, and expense, of getting the perfect gift for all your special someone's can make the holiday more stress than joy.
At RMLifestyles we recently held a Holiday Gift Making Party to connect with our community and demonstrate how a heartfelt homemade gift can be more meaningful than some store-bought trinket. And what a Bonus if the gift also supports your loved one's well-being by nurturing health, beauty and homecare with natural solutions that are good for the planet too!
In case you missed the event, here are some DIY Holiday Gift Making Recipes for you to make at home. These gifts incorporate the healing power of essential oils, and it's recommended to use a Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade brand, like dōTERRA!
For more details on how to get involved, email us at email@example.com.
Hands are beautiful to me, so when I was asked to write another blog entry, I immediately thought about my hands.
Everyone loves to touch and feel, as through such pleasure we truly see within our souls—so why not have beautiful fingernails to enhance the beauty of life.
To maintain healthy loving fingernails, run from infections, and enhance the beauty of appearance, take a sneak peak at my top tips for lovely healthy fingernails:
· Let’s strive to maintain your nails clean and dry. Nobody likes dirty nails…no-no
· Never attempt nail biting or picking. This may prove difficult, as I find myself guilty of this…but let’s work together and not do it!
· Nothing is sweeter than applying moisturizer to your nails and cuticles every day. Creams with urea, phospholipids, or lactic acid help prevent cracking, I’m told. I love smearing lotion on my hands…don’t you?
· Try to file your nails in one direction and round the tip slightly, instead of filing to a point. This is not difficult….we can do it.
· Never try to remove the cuticles or clean too deeply under your nails, this may lead to infection. And darling no one wants an infection. P.s. stay away from salons…just a thought. See last tip if you must.
· Digging out ingrown toenails is a no-no. See a dermatologist if they become a nasty problem.
· Stay clear of nail polish removers that contain acetone or formaldehyde—these are nasty little buggers.
· Be stylish and carry your own instruments if you need a manicure.
· If you have artificial nails, think again and check regularly for green discoloration (a sure sign of bacterial infection) and you don’t want that.
Now go out there and flash those beautiful hands and healthy glamorous nails.
Art is what we make it.
Life is how we create it.
Every moment can be a picture waiting to be remembered.
What does your art look like? Let us know in the comments below!
When Rainbeau asked the RML Team to express their creative qualities and write a blog for our new website, I was elated. As the Team manager, there was a part of me that longed to share my desire to leading a healthier life. Working at RML has given me that opportunity. And with that said, I hope you enjoy my first blog.
5 Tips I Learned for Healthier Skin
Drink water whenever you can. Hydrating the skin is key!
Protect yourself from the sun! Use an organic sunscreen and keep away from the sun from 10:00am-4:00pm when the sun’s heat is strongest.
Manage stress. Try meditating and cut back your to-do list.
Treat your skin gently. Avoid strong soaps and hot water. And remember to moisturize daily!
Quit smoking—Smoking makes your face look older and have wrinkles.
Try to implement at least one, if not some, or maybe even all and let us know how doing so has improved your skin.