The Hallmark Channel is one of my favorite providers of inspiring content to help turn a house into a family haven of beauty and rejuvenation. One of the cornerstones of the home is our kitchens, and I was so delighted to be in the studio to share some superfood recipes to help you with achieving that bathing suit-ready body for a superstar summer.
The recipes featured in this interview are listed below, or you can check out my new book The 21-Day Superstar Cleanse for more superfood recipes to help benefit your skin, heart, and so much more, proving that beauty, health and indulgence do coexist.
• 1 mango or papaya
• ¼ cup goji berries
• ½ cup blackberries
• ½ cup blueberries
• ½ cup strawberries
• 1 tsp raw honey
• ½ cucumber
• 2 tablespoons aloe vera juice
• 2 tablespoons powders or concentrates: noni, mangosteen (a tropical fruit grown primarily in Southeast Asia containing anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antifungal properties), acai, durian, or other favorites
• 1 cup vegan milk of choice (almond, coconut, rice or soy)
- Blend all together in a blender. Super invigorating (serves 2)
• 3 cups chia seeds
• 6 cups pure water
• 3 to 4 tablespoons maple syrup
• Cinnamon to taste (optional)
• Clove to taste (optional)
• Nutmeg to taste (optional)
• ½ chopped apple
• ½ cup chopped strawberries
• ½ cup blueberries
- Put the chia seeds in a bowl and soak. It takes about 10 minutes for the chia to absorb all the water, but leaving the water and chia overnight is OK. Soaked chia alone is good for up to 2 weeks.
- When the chia is gelatinous, add the chopped fruit and any desired flavorings (sweeteners, spices, etc.) – mix well and serve!
Note: In general, soak chia seeds in 9 to 12 times their volume of water. You can also make chia as a savory, salty, or spicy type of porridge. But the best taste is sweet. Try with cinnamon extract and chai spices or cacao nibs as well.
Easy Kale Salad
• 1 avocado
• 1 bunch kale
• ½ lemon
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Chop the avocado and kale into bite-sized pieces and place in mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, olive oil, and sea salt, then massage until thoroughly marinated. Bon Apetit!
Option: Add tomatoes and your favorite herbs.